Search

The artist was Erika Lohmann who painted the Stations of the Cross.  Erika also painted the ST BIRGITTA WITH CONVENTS and the NATIVITY—now in the room just outside the chapel.  She also did a GOOD SHEPHERD.  Originally, on the AVE MARIA STAIRS , there were framed b & w Biblical scenes by Erika:  scenes of Creation from Genesis etc.   Erika had been one of Isadora Duncan’s ISADORABLES.  She lived in Bethlehem, CT, connected to the Abbey of Regina Laudis.

Notes from Dr. Albert Ryle Kezel

Recent Posts

See All

THE ALTARPIECE

THE ALTARPIECE:  Marguerite often told the story of how the Holy Cross Fathers offered her the old altarpiece from St Birgitta’s House on the Piazza Farnese in Rome.  They had a residence there for a

Call for Reservations
1- 203-655-1068

© 2020  Convent of St. Birgitta

4 Runkenhague Road

Darien, Connecticut, USA